Just Pat

"...all language about everything is analogical; we think in a series of metaphors. We can explain nothing in terms of itself, but only in terms of other things." (Dorothy Sayers, Mind of the Maker, 1941)

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Michigan

Saturday, November 13, 2004

The Construction Chronicals, Part 3

And for my next performance, my shot to make it into David Letterman's "Top Ten" book:


"10 Strange Things JustPat Does When She's Remodeling"

10. Enters a "Rescue My Home Contest."

9. Lays hammer in obscure place - wastes 2 minutes looking for it.

8. Moves scrap lumber around the room 8 times a day, for no apparent reason.

7. Runs downstairs, leaves phone in attic.

6. Starts laundry while remodeling to multitask. Remembers wet load in washer three days later.

5. Brings phone downstairs from attic. Goes back to attic. Leaves phone downstairs.

4. Lays shop knife in obscure place - wastes 10 minutes looking for it.

3. Naively believes that plumbing is affordable.

2. Leaves spare drill battery in obscure place - lost forever.


And the strangest, for the anal retentive award:

1. Calculates the most economic insulation cuts for hours before actually hanging it.


2 Comments:

Blogger FemmeMode said...

Lost forever???!
Ok...7mos. later....
found it yet??

YOU are Helarious Pate`....
did I know this about you already??

hmmmm....
I think so,
that is definitely part of your charm....

I'm missin you - my funny funny friend!

3:21 AM  
Blogger Pat said...

Oh, yes...you knew this about me, Femme.
And yes - thanks for asking - I did find the battery eventually, and have probably misplaced it a time or two since!

6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com