Just Pat

"...all language about everything is analogical; we think in a series of metaphors. We can explain nothing in terms of itself, but only in terms of other things." (Dorothy Sayers, Mind of the Maker, 1941)

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Michigan

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

The Construction Chronicals, Part 4

Some people just can't stop talking about their kids. They go on and on and on. They're consumed.
With me, it's my house. I've been remodeling almost non-stop since I bought it two years ago. It consumes me.
Actually, I can carry on conversations without mentioning my house. But just ask me, "So, what are you doing this weekend?" The answer is always "(Blah blah blah) my house
."
I love my house. It's a diamond in the rough. My gift from God. It doubles as my social center and my artist pallette. I'm into that kind of economy.
Tomorrow the drywall starts in the attic. I could weep for joy.



I'm going to be gone for a week, starting tomorrow evening. I'm going to my neice's wedding on Saturday, and staying through Thanksgiving. When I come back, most of the attic will be drywalled, and I'll sit in the middle of the floor and stare with delight at the marvelous whiteness.


Ahhhhh.

Oops, I went on again about the house, didn't I? I can sense your glazed-over eyeballs across cyberspace. I'd apologize, but hey, whose blog is this anyway?

Happy Thanksgiving.

3 Comments:

Blogger FemmeMode said...

Wish I'd started reading 7 mos. ago....

I'm soooo proud of you!

You are renovating YOU...as well as your house...

Or is it God renovating you as you renovate your house??

Hmmmmm....
If you start looking at the similarities...I wonder if they are in track???

I'm trying to be deep....I might as well give it up!
It's 2:30 in the morning...

3:25 AM  
Blogger Pat said...

No, don't give up - you're right on track.

6:54 AM  
Blogger Pat said...

Oh yeah - and what are you doing up in the middle of the night???

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com