Just Pat

"...all language about everything is analogical; we think in a series of metaphors. We can explain nothing in terms of itself, but only in terms of other things." (Dorothy Sayers, Mind of the Maker, 1941)

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Michigan

Monday, February 07, 2005

The Construction Chronicles Part 9



I'll say it again...I love, love to paint!

I'm not normally a lover of yellow. It's cheerful, and I'm introspective...

But, I love this yellow. Gerbera Daisy, Ralph Lauren color, Glidden paint, killer sale for a five gallon bucket. I still have half the primer and paint left over for the second floor hallway. Grace and I cut in, and Dick followed with the roller. We had a blast. When we finished on Sunday, we were exhausted, but really excited about the progress.

I started to prep the kitchen area for the laminate flooring after they left, but then remembered that the flooring was in the garage and needed to adjust to the house temperature before I could install it. So, I'll try my hand at floor installation for the first time tomorrow night.

It is so great to have the apartment painted. And now I get to do some of the pretty stuff.



I'm having difficulty remembering now how filthy and grim this space was a few months ago. So much work has gone into it, all prettily hidden under drywall and paint. I'm so glad I took pictures.

The next few days I'm hoping to get the flooring laid, paint the bathroom and stairwell, paint the leaded window, and seal the cabinets with poly. Stay tuned.

4 Comments:

Blogger FemmeMode said...

I have a couple rooms to be painted....

so you say you might visit this fall???

LOL.

3:55 AM  
Blogger Pat said...

Warm up the rollers baby - I'm there!

7:10 AM  
Blogger FemmeMode said...

Is there any seriousness in that comment??
Better watch out....

Although, I've had some of my best conversations painting walls...or was tha sitting in parlors...

I'm even delerious in the mid afternoon! LOL.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Pat said...

Abso-tootin-lootly! When I come I want to spend quality time with you. We could spend a heap of money running around, or we could make your place beautiful and talk all day. Hmmmm....which to choose...

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com