Just Pat

"...all language about everything is analogical; we think in a series of metaphors. We can explain nothing in terms of itself, but only in terms of other things." (Dorothy Sayers, Mind of the Maker, 1941)

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Michigan

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Construction Chronicles Part 22

Hmmm...I didn't realize when I started the Chronicles that I would have so many chapters.

Well, today was like most every other Saturday - sand, fill, sand, sand. I didn't get to stain today, but I'll finish that tomorrow afternoon. I chemical stripped my door jambs, and attempted to strip the archway in the bedroom - I'll need the heat gun for that.

Back to sanding. It's amazing to me how I can begin with a piece of old trim that looks more like shredded wheat than wood, and actually get down to the grain. This is what I was dealing with today:



















Hard to believe, but after runs of 60, 100, and 150 grade sandpaper, the grain God put in that wood 100+ years ago actually comes back to life.

Kirby has survived day two in his new home. He started out hissing again this morning, but he's settled down this evening. He held still long enough this morning for me to get a picture of him:
















Yeah, now that I look at the picture he looks as frightened as when he first arrived. But, he's had lots of attention, and hopefully has gained in strength and character since his arrival.

Babbette is fine, but hanging close to me whenever possible. "Possible" meaning when Kirby isn't hanging on my heels. She's still the queen.

2 Comments:

Blogger Captainwow said...

Awww... Kirby. My friend had a kitty named Kirby once. And her other cat was named Hoover. I'm not kidding.
Kirby is probably soon to be head over heels in love with his new mommy. All that hissing is just a cover for his being overrun with gratitude and new love.
Or not.
We need an after picture of that awful piece of wood!! yikes! I'm left hanging, feeling dried out...that's a traumatic visual. where's the shea butter!?

10:26 AM  
Blogger Headless-in-GR said...

Awww kitty kitty!

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com