Just Pat

"...all language about everything is analogical; we think in a series of metaphors. We can explain nothing in terms of itself, but only in terms of other things." (Dorothy Sayers, Mind of the Maker, 1941)

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Michigan

Saturday, July 23, 2005

The Construction Chronicles, Part 19















They say a picture paints a thousand words.

This is what I woke up to this morning. My bathroom counter bears testimony to my lifestyle, even more than the flecks of paint I can't get out of my hair.

Clockwise, beginning left:
  • Blow dryer with diffuser still attached
  • Victoria's Secret body spray - for that unexpected run to the hardware store in the middle of a project
  • Ibuprofen - needs no explanation
  • Secret - strong enough for this woman
  • Yesterday's used coffee cup
  • Black & Decker drill/screw gun and drill/screw case
  • Brochure from trip to DC last week - love those painted tiles at the capitol
  • Battery charger
One of these days I might get a soap dish.

The attic apartment is done. DONE!!! Except for cleaning, it's ready for occupancy. Final pictures to come.

I've discovered that I love, love amber shellac. Tune in tomorrow and I'll show you why.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com