Just Pat

"...all language about everything is analogical; we think in a series of metaphors. We can explain nothing in terms of itself, but only in terms of other things." (Dorothy Sayers, Mind of the Maker, 1941)

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Michigan

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

The Construction Chronicles, Part 12


April 24, Attic

Although there's been a break in my reporting of the construction chronicles, the work has gone on. Over the last few weeks, the shower has gone in to the bathroom, the bathroom floor has been laid (however, a bit of drama continues which will have to be revisited), the kitchen cabinets have been painted, and more. Last weekend we put the countertops on the cabinets. I have some sanding and staining to do around the edges, but they look gorgeous already, don't you think?

Next weekend we'll hopefully tackle placing the kitchen sink, evening out the bathroom floor, and putting up the railing around the stairwell.

My metaphor for the day:

When I start something in my life that's worthwhile, I always come to a point where there is no emotional payoff, and that it is just work. But, hanging in there long enough to see the results of the work, even tiny improvements, is worth it. I know this is true of my faith, and my attic reminds me.

2 Comments:

Blogger FemmeMode said...

I actually gasped when I saw this view! WOW!

gotta keep moving...my eyelids are working against me!!

I'm an all or nothin girl....gotta finish the movie I start!!

4:06 AM  
Blogger Pat said...

Hang on, Femme!!! Hang ONNNNNN!!!!

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com