Just Pat

"...all language about everything is analogical; we think in a series of metaphors. We can explain nothing in terms of itself, but only in terms of other things." (Dorothy Sayers, Mind of the Maker, 1941)

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Michigan

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Construction Chronicles Part 24

This weekend my long awaited art glass found its way to my upper sashes. I had a moment of panic halfway through the third pane...I wasn't sure which was the "right" side of the glass to have inside. I decided after a few drops of sweat that to settle for amazing beauty over
astounding beauty was a good problem to have and I let it go.


























I'm almost done applying shellac to my doors. That's been fun, because it dries quickly and looks great right away. In other news, I'm writing a paper on the life of Jesus compared and contrasted with the life of Muhammad. It's due tonight and I haven't finished it. I'm finding it difficult for emotional reasons - because I love Jesus, I'm finding it hard to be objective, sort of like I would be subjective comparing my husband with someone else's. I'm not saying it's a right way to be, I'm just finding it difficult and as a result, it will be late - which is also hard for me. But, like the glass, I'm just going to let it go.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kevmo said...

Very good! Letting go of perfection brings serenity.
Way to go on the house stuff!

9:39 PM  
Blogger FemmeMode said...

First: The glass is beautiful...only you will notice any imperfection. Also, good job on the doors - they look great! I am sooo excited to see your house this spring!!

Second: I love your heart struggle...I hope you finished your paper...it's really not about the "Story of your heart"...just the "Facts"...at least the best facts you can find!
The facts and faith of your heart bring the meaning to who Jesus really is...and the difficultly of the task. I hope you are keeping all of your papers, etc...thru your "school journey"...it will be fun to go back and reflect on it all later!!
I'm soooo proud of you...and all the hard work you are putting forth in your life!
YOU my sweet Just Pat....are AMAZING!!
I miss you....hope your Thanksgiving week with the Dick n Grace is enjoyable...and that you get a lot of "HOUSE TIME!"

Love you, Femmemode

1:06 PM  
Blogger Headless-in-GR said...

ooooo....they are mysterious and wonderful!!!

(the glass, that is!)

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com