Just Pat

"...all language about everything is analogical; we think in a series of metaphors. We can explain nothing in terms of itself, but only in terms of other things." (Dorothy Sayers, Mind of the Maker, 1941)

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Michigan

Monday, April 26, 2004

Unmetaphorable

Like it? I just made it up (I think).

On the menu tonight (I love this):

"Choice beef loin bottom sirloin butt sizzler boneless"

Whoa - it blows my mind just thinking of what commas in random places would do to dinner.

On a related topic, my sweet kitty Babette has not smelled very nice lately. I assumed it was her breath. She's a Blue Persian Smaller, sweet little blue-gray kitty with big orange eyes and a face like a grouper. Everything she does is cute. Because of her high breeding, she has some sad blue-blood anomalies, such as the tendency to resorb her teeth. She had to have all but seven pulled last year. Fortunately, her smile was never her greatest asset.

Before I had her teeth pulled her breath was horrible. The only other time she smells bad is when she has - well - cling-ons. This only happens when her hair is long and I don't groom her like I should. So, now that she has her summertime shaved coif going, I immediately thought of her mouth and last year's dollar signs.

Until last night when it dawned on me that it was altogether possible - yes, probable - that Babette is gassy. Farty and bloated. Farty. She doesn't smell all the time, so wouldn't you think it would occur to me? But no. Farting is much too low for my high bred cat.

I never would have thought it of her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com