Just Pat

"...all language about everything is analogical; we think in a series of metaphors. We can explain nothing in terms of itself, but only in terms of other things." (Dorothy Sayers, Mind of the Maker, 1941)

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Michigan

Saturday, May 29, 2004

Beauty Queen

Last Sunday my friends and I were discussing plastic surgery, right or wrong, neither, when to, when not to, why...

It's all clear to me now. If I were to have plastic surgery, I would want to have the physical characteristics of the persons I most admire.

So, when I have my surgery, I want deep laugh lines added around my eyes, and deep creases added to my dimples. I want wrinkles on my wrinkles. I want my skin to be almost transparent, I want my hair to be white as snow. I want to smell like my grandmother's scented handkercheifs. I want my posture to be slightly bent, and I want my hands to have that awesome loose skin over my fingers and knuckles. I want my facial features to fade enough to show off my bright, knowing eyes.

Of course, changing my features to make me beautiful outside does not mean I will have the same beauty within. If I'm to be honest, I guess I'll need to come by that the hard way, if I work hard and listen hard.

If I'm lucky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com