Just Pat

"...all language about everything is analogical; we think in a series of metaphors. We can explain nothing in terms of itself, but only in terms of other things." (Dorothy Sayers, Mind of the Maker, 1941)

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Michigan

Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Hard Labor

Today I got down to some of the really big pieces of cement, so it was sledge hammer time. I was slinging that bad boy with a determination that surprised even me. I had flashbacks of the prisoners in "O Brother Where Art Thou" breaking ground for the railroad tracks, singing their woeful song...then I got a grip on reality and remembered it was my big idea to confiscate the cement for my lovely raised flower bed.

Now onto the battle of the banners:

Sunflowers
Cool Water
Chanel #5
Obsession
Beautiful
Coco Mademoiselle
Georgio

Those banners don't know who they're dealing with. I've got a sledge hammer, and I know how to use it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com