Just Pat

"...all language about everything is analogical; we think in a series of metaphors. We can explain nothing in terms of itself, but only in terms of other things." (Dorothy Sayers, Mind of the Maker, 1941)

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Michigan

Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Diets Are Forever

The tongue diet in particular.

Tonight my sweet friend Jane told me she had just seen someone at the church. Guess what I did? Yep. The unthinkable.

I CORRECTED HER.

Good grief!

Now I'm becoming one of those annoying people who are on a diet and therefore everyone else should be.

No, this is where it stops, darn it! I will make room for others to call the building "church." I will not judge them for their choice, and I will continue in this discipline while not thinking myself to be better than others, and not feeling sorry for myself when others indulge in uttering "church."

Yes, I will be strong.

And, I will be culturally sensitive.

Yup.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com