Just Pat

"...all language about everything is analogical; we think in a series of metaphors. We can explain nothing in terms of itself, but only in terms of other things." (Dorothy Sayers, Mind of the Maker, 1941)

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Michigan

Thursday, July 08, 2004

Mirror, Mirror

Oops. Wrong aisle. I really do want shredded cheese, but you're there. I'll come back. I need to get eggs anyway. Really, I'm in a hurry, and I don't want to even think about bumping into you. You aren't my type, whatever that is...okay...the eggs. Finally.

But there you are again. Okay, it could be a coincidence...you really aren't following me. Hello - how vain am I anyway? Everyone needs eggs, well, most people need eggs. Okay, act natural...go get the lettuce.

Whew. Okay, spring mix, where is it? Got it. Cucumber, tomatos...I really like the sweet grape tomatos, but really, do I want six dollars worth? Okay, the hydroponics will do just fine. Yeah, now don't I want olives too?

Diet Squirt, olives, and, oh yeah, face lotion. Done! Check out. Oh... there you are again. You have a lot of stuff...is that all for you? I'll bet the case of Miller Light is! Oh, sorry...that's none of my business. Just check out Pat. Just get out. Yes Miss, you have a nice day too. Here I go. I wonder if you see me leaving...

I wonder if you'll see I drive a Jaguar. Oh, please! Who cares? But, I wonder...

No, you're nowhere in sight. Not my type anyway. Whatever that is. Just go home, Pat.

Oh...there you are, loading your car. I'll bet you worked hard all day - you sure look like you did. But, you're probably loading up the car for the family, aren't you?

It's okay. I don't want you. Not your looks, or your carriage, or your warmth, not anything.

All I really want is a turn of your head.

2 Comments:

Blogger Captainwow said...

He probably thought You were Following Him.
hahhahharrrr.

smiling over here.. saying yup, that's how it is sometimes.
just a good post, just pat

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep. Now I'm "justpatstalkin." :0)

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com