Just Pat

"...all language about everything is analogical; we think in a series of metaphors. We can explain nothing in terms of itself, but only in terms of other things." (Dorothy Sayers, Mind of the Maker, 1941)

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Michigan

Sunday, September 05, 2004

I Played the Piano Today



I played the piano today. I played a piece that I learned when I was in the all city girls choir in the sixth grade. Way back then, I felt that the piano accompaniment was more lovely than the vocals, so I learned it. After 30 years, I can still play it from memory.

It's a haunting piece, in minor. I've always favored minor, maybe because I tend to be introspective and dramatic. Yeah, whatever.

I rarely play the piano. On the occasion that I do play, I try this piece. After a couple of tries, I remember. Not just the notes. I remember when it should swell, and when it should hush. When it should be powerful, and when it should be vulnerable.

When I played today, it reminded me of love. I remembered the touches, the responses. The history. The complacent affirmations. The grace.

The memory is painful. But it is also joyful. Somehow finding expression in the small things in life, like a pause at the piano bench.

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

cheap generic ativan ativan side effects throat - took 8 ativan

11:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

generic lorazepam lorazepam 1mg pill identification - ativan dosage before surgery

8:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy xanax no prescription xanax drug test long does stay your system - xanax you buy online real

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ativan anxiety ativan 0.25 - can you buy lorazepam mexico

12:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sniffing diazepam diazepam valium shelf life - diazepam schedule 2 drug

5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

discount ativan ativan 773 - ativan vs xanax side effects

10:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

discount ativan expired ativan side effects - 8 mg ativan too much

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

diazepam dog diazepam in dogs side effects - buy valium online with paypal

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

soma no prescription carisoprodol for headache - buy soma online florida

8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

purchase valium valium alternatives anxiety - valium diazepam 5mg side effects

10:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

soma buy soma online + india - carisoprodol 103

6:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

valium 10 mg valium dosage opiate withdrawal - long term effects valium usage

7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

carisoprodol drug drug side effects carisoprodol - soma drug fiction

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ambien sleep ambien erowid - buy ambien bangkok

9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

valium no prescription valium dosage maximum - diazepam 5mg dosage for dogs

5:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com