Just Pat

"...all language about everything is analogical; we think in a series of metaphors. We can explain nothing in terms of itself, but only in terms of other things." (Dorothy Sayers, Mind of the Maker, 1941)

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Michigan

Monday, September 13, 2004

Mystery Roses??

Hey, I came home from work today and found a crystal vase with miniature roses on my back porch. There was no card, no tire tracks and no DNA samples left behind. I don't know why I have roses.

Oh my gosh, why do I have roses?

Is it because I'm a friend?
Because I'm working hard?
Because I'm hot?
Did someone get the wrong house? (Maybe I should quickly and quietly put them back on the porch...)
Or, maybe they're for Babette. Yeah, maybe the Deppster heard...

Well, someone thought I - or at least my cat, or one of my neighbors - should enjoy roses today, so I am enjoying them.

Thank you, mystery flower bestower person out there!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com