Just Pat

"...all language about everything is analogical; we think in a series of metaphors. We can explain nothing in terms of itself, but only in terms of other things." (Dorothy Sayers, Mind of the Maker, 1941)

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Michigan

Sunday, October 10, 2004

Yippee i-yo...yippee i-yay...

I had a great weekend. Babbette is telling me it's time to go to bed, so this will be brief.

Saturday several of my friends came to help me work on my house. When were done, I had mums in my flower pots, my door hinges stripped and ready to lacquer, and all the trim and windows removed from my bedroom. It was stuff I thought I'd do myself, but now I realize how proud and crazy that was. I'm so grateful for all the help!

This morning, John preached on the Lord's prayer. We said the Lord's Prayer as a congregation, and at the end of the service we sang the Lord's Prayer. I thought my heart would explode. Be still my little Catholic heart!

I entered a contest today. I entered the WZZM "Rescue My Home" contest for a bathroom remodel. I never enter contests, but this one gave me the opportunity to not only win a new bathroom, but also see if I could write well enough to get the station's attention. So, how could I resist? Now I'm on pins and needles...

I went to a friend's birthday party tonight, and laughed so hard over the Johnny Cash songs they were playing that I cried. My jaw is still aching from laughing so much.

Now I'm off to bed. Babbette has gone on ahead of me and will most likely have chosen the best part of the bed. Serves me right for not minding her the first time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com