Just Pat

"...all language about everything is analogical; we think in a series of metaphors. We can explain nothing in terms of itself, but only in terms of other things." (Dorothy Sayers, Mind of the Maker, 1941)

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Michigan

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Enough about me...what do YOU think of me?


I'm spiralling downward into the abyss of introspection. Help!!!!

But, while I'm careening, let's have fun with it.

I looked around my bedroom as I was making my bed this morning. Starting from the door clockwise:


1. First, there is no door because I had them all stripped and haven't put them back on the jams.
2. A Michigan State Police tote bag containing notes from a conference on October 11.
3. My duffle bag, not completely unpacked from an infection control conference on October 27.
4. My grandma's antique vanity, with my necklaces hanging on the mirror, with a vase and some antique perfume bottles on the stand, and clean folded sheets on the bench.
5. My dresser, with pictures of my parents, my grandma, and two of my neices on the top.
6. A wastebasket that should have been emptied two weeks ago.
7. My grandma's bed (matches the vanity).
8. A picture of my great grandparents over the bed.
9. My nightstand with my books on top.
10. My open closet door with my dirty laundry spilling out of it like it's a cornucopia or something.
11. A small chest with my shoes on it and under it in anal order, with my teddy bear in the center.
12. A Vermeer picture hanging over the bench.
13. Two unopened cans of paint for the bathroom.
14. A dust pan and wisk broom.

I don't know what it means. I could get deep with it, and analyze myself into a straight jacket. Or, not.

What does your bedroom look like? Not in your dreams; I mean right this second?

Get me out of this vortex and tell me about YOU.

Or, if you're feeling particularly sadistic today, tell me about ME...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com