Just Pat

"...all language about everything is analogical; we think in a series of metaphors. We can explain nothing in terms of itself, but only in terms of other things." (Dorothy Sayers, Mind of the Maker, 1941)

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Michigan

Monday, January 17, 2005

Audio Feed

I sometimes find my self in situations acutely aware that I'm receiving information on several different levels. Kind of like a sound board operator, monitoring all the intake - the bass, the vocals, etc. Most of the time, I think I experience environment all at once. It's hard to distinguish thought from reaction from sight from perception from hearing from....whatever. It's all together, because my receiver is universal.

When I'm in a stressful situation, I seem to hear too much, see too much, think too much. But, in a time like this, I'm aware of the separateness of my perceptions. He says this, but I know...he does this but he says...

I don't know enough about psychology and physiology to guess why, but I know this happens. It makes me shift in my chair, look out the window, wish to God I was elsewhere, which in actuality is where I am when I ask the question.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com