Just Pat

"...all language about everything is analogical; we think in a series of metaphors. We can explain nothing in terms of itself, but only in terms of other things." (Dorothy Sayers, Mind of the Maker, 1941)

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Michigan

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Babbs


Posted by Hello
I haven't had anything I could put to words in the last few days. Work has been very intense, and nighttime has been a reaction to it all, for the most part. The house is always there, patiently waiting for whatever I can give it. This post is for my kitty, who unwittingly reminds me that life is more than task and product. Every day she lets me know when it's time to go to bed. She lets me know when I need to get up. She shares my meals - whatever I'm eating - with me every day, and when we're not needing to do anything, she is simply present. And blinking. No wonder ancient peoples drew cats on walls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com