Just Pat

"...all language about everything is analogical; we think in a series of metaphors. We can explain nothing in terms of itself, but only in terms of other things." (Dorothy Sayers, Mind of the Maker, 1941)

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Michigan

Sunday, April 24, 2005

I Go To Prepare A Place For You



I love the show Extreme Makeover Home Edition.

And listen...I don't care if they're Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Buddhist, Hindu, Atheist, gay, straight, Barney or Teletubby viewers. I don't care if they're money grubbing whore-monging sinners or clandestine saints.

There's something about that show that makes me cry every time I watch it. And folks, I don't cry over nothing.

There's something in that show about justice, redemption, heritage, renewal, justification, hope, healing, gratitiude, love...

It's a reality show, and I generally despise reality shows.

I see Jesus in that show.

If we are the Church viewing that show, I hope we are challenged, whether out of familiarity or out of shame.

If we are outside the Church, I hope we see Home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com