Just Pat

"...all language about everything is analogical; we think in a series of metaphors. We can explain nothing in terms of itself, but only in terms of other things." (Dorothy Sayers, Mind of the Maker, 1941)

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Michigan

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Observation at 5:19 p.m.

As I pulled up to the corner of Leonard and Fuller, I couldn't help notice that the gas station to my right was eerily quiet for the 5:00 after work rush. No cars. Whatsoever. The price sign read:

Regular 299.9
Midgrade 309.9
Premium 317.9


Just below the gas prices:

32 oz. Coffee, 99 cents

Which makes it $3.96 per gallon.

Buck up, my friends. Although gas has reached $3.00 per gallon for the first time in American history, it's still cheaper than coffee!

4 Comments:

Blogger Captainwow said...

Right you are. Still cheaper than coffee.... but tastes a lot worse!
It's good to have perspective.

3:13 PM  
Blogger Headless-in-GR said...

Ha- I thought the Captian said that gasoline was a good perservative!

Anyway, gas $5.89 per gallon in Georgia. What do you think now?

5:58 PM  
Blogger Pat said...

I think we Michiganders have a lot to be thankful for.

7:01 PM  
Blogger Kevmo said...

Go coffee. Thankfully I don't need to drink it by the gallon...most of the time.

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com