Just Pat

"...all language about everything is analogical; we think in a series of metaphors. We can explain nothing in terms of itself, but only in terms of other things." (Dorothy Sayers, Mind of the Maker, 1941)

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Michigan

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Back to Bloggin

I've been horribly absent for several months. Maybe horribly is a strong word. Maybe amazingly is better. I have cable modem because I value my computer time more than my television and telephone time. So you'd think I'd be more present. I guess my words just withered up.
As late, my life has been consumed with my mother's cancer diagnosis. I've spent nearly every weekend for the past two months with her. It's a three hour drive for me, for which I am at the same time grateful and tired. In the end the gratitude wins out. I am very thankful that I haven't moved across the country and that I can see my mom every weekend.
I'll probably be writing a bit more on this site, because I'm also writing on the site we set up for Mom on Sunday. I can't promise my writing will always be light hearted, but I can promise to be me, whatever that means to you.
I might not even write about Mom.
But if you're interested in what's happening with my mom, go to www.everythingsrosie.blogspot.com.

1 Comments:

Blogger Captainwow said...

Welcome back, Just Pat!

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com